The 101 (Level 1) course is a half day course on the shooting range for beginners and first time firearm owners. On booking your position on the course you will receive a self-study booklet in aiding you for the psychological and physical preparation for the course. The training can be done on the pistol, semi-auto rifle or pump/semi-auto shotgun. All firearm types cannot be done in one day; a course day training per firearm type.
101 training is available for the shotgun and the semi-automatic (SLR) rifle as well. Once you are aiming for the Team Tactical (Level 4) Training you need to have all three firearms of your own, must have done the previous Level 1 - 3 Training and have your own body armor and related equipment.
The following are the course requirements for attending the Level 1 Course:
- You must be in possession of a valid licence to possess a firearm.
- You must be the owner of the rifle used on the course.
- The firearm must safely be carried in a gun bag.
- You must be in possession of the relevant eye and ear protection.
- You must supply your own ammunition.
- You must supply all supportive equipment.
The course will start in the morning on the shooting range and be completed by the afternoon. In the case of bad weather conditions, the course will carry on the next morning to meet course objectives. No extra charges will be necessary.
We strongly advise this course for all first time firearm owners or anybody that needs to practise the skills. This course will teach you the basic skills to effectively and accurately apply your pistol, semi-auto rifle or shotgun.